EduTyping, a product by B.E. Publishing, keeps all user and account information collected strictly private and confidential. Your account information, including free trial registrants and licensed users, will never be sold, distributed, or shared with third parties.
It is the policy of B.E. Publishing, Inc. to adhere to the applicable requirements set forth in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) for processing, handling, and/or storing FERPA-protected information in its online education services products.
This website recognizes and complies with the with GDPR and those rights, except as limited by applicable law. The rights under GDPR include:
- Access: This includes your right to access the personal information we gather about you, and your right to obtain information about the sharing, storage, security and processing of that information.
- Correction: This is your right to request correction of your personal information.
- Erasure: This is your right to request, subject to certain limitations under applicable law, that your personal information be erased from our possession (also known as the “Right to be forgotten”). However, if applicable law requires us to comply with your request to delete your information, fulfillment of your request may prevent you from using Basecamp services and may result in closing your account.
- Complain: You have the right to make a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information with the appropriate supervisory authority.
- Restrict Processing: This is your right to request restriction of how and why your personal information is used or processed.
- Object: This is your right, in certain situations, to object to how or why your personal information is processed.
- Portability: This is your right to receive the personal information we have about you and the right to transmit it to another party.
- Automated Decision-Making: This is your right to object and prevent any decision that could have a legal, or similarly significant, effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes. This right is limited, however, if the decision is necessary for performance of any contract between you and us, is allowed by applicable European law, or is based on your explicit consent.
For Users of this website located in the European Economic Area (EEA), all collection and processing of Personal Data is performed in accordance with privacy rights and regulations following the Regulations (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of Personal Data and on the free movement of such data, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The website processes Personal Data both as a Processor and as a Controller, as defined in the Directive and the GDPR. The website, which you as a User entered an agreement with when using the website, will be the Controller for User data. As the website adheres to the GDPR, it processes all data provided by its Users from the European Economic Area (EEA) only.