Features, Benefits, and Comparison Chart
|Benefits & Features||Traditional Keyboarding Textbooks||Computer Keyboarding Software|
|Entire course is web-based|
|No software to install, update, or maintain|
|Follows standard keyboarding curriculum covering all keys|
|100% green friendly (no textbooks or assignments to print)|
|No papers to grade|
|Ability to track student progress online (from any computer with Internet access|
|Length of course is fully customizable|
|Grading is done automatically in real-time including WPM|
|Provides immediate feedback for students|
|Students can learn and practice at school, home, or any Internet-ready computer|
|Automatically analyzes student accuracy and identifies problem keys|
|Timed tests built in|
|Save funds (no printing, ink, or paper costs)|
|Ability to disable the backspace key|
|Enable or disable ability for students to play typing games|
|Administration area allows instructors to customize a variety of features available to the student|
|24 hour e-mail support (Mon - Fri)|
|Practice library catered to teen's interest|
|Compatible with all browsers and computers (Mac or PC based)|
|Follows the keyboarding standards set by NBEA (National Business Education Association)|
- Instant access to every student's progress in the Instructor Control Center.
- Automatic Grading.
- A comprehensive keyboarding curriculum for students.
- The ability to have students work from home or from any Internet-ready computer.
- No lessons to print or grade.
- The ability to control the length of the units or course.
- A cool software interface that makes learning how to type fun.
- The ability to get instant feedback on accuracy and speed.
- To practice typing using games and a practice library.
- The ability to complete lessons at home.
- To view progress and timed tests in real time.
-- Deanna Hunold, Willow Wood Jr. High